The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) is holding nominations for openings on the Board of Directors. Board members will serve one 3-year term with an option to be re-elected for a second 3-year term. Only nominations submitted by BACB certificants will be considered. Self-nomination is encouraged.
Although all certificants are eligible for nomination, in order to maintain a representative board, the BACB particularly encourages the nomination of individuals who meet some or all of the following characteristics:
- have strong applied backgrounds;
- are members of underrepresented groups;
- have an international perspective on issues relevant to behavior analysis;
- are from geographic areas that are not currently represented given the current makeup of the Board of Directors;
- have experience in practice areas that are not currently represented given the current makeup of the Board of Directors;
- are from areas with a relatively large population of BACB certificants;
- are familiar with the history of the BACB and have a long-term relationship with the Board
Three positions are currently open for nomination:
- Seats A & B
It is preferred that these seats be filled by doctoral-level behavior analysts certified at the BCBA/BCBA-D level who have university-based teaching and research experience in applied behavior analysis.
- Seat C
It is preferred that this seat be filled by a doctoral-level behavior analyst certified at the BCBA/BCBA-D level who has university-based teaching and research experience in applied behavior analysis and whose specialty area is outside of autism and developmental disabilities.
Only one submission per nominee is required. Multiple nominations will not affect the likelihood that a candidate will be chosen to run for a seat on the Board of Directors. Submitting this nomination does not guarantee that your nominee will be selected to run on a particular slate.
Before nominating an individual you must confirm that he or she is willing to:
- Serve the minimum 3-year term (May 2017 to August 2020);
- Attend the annual meeting of the Board of Directors (typically in early August); and
- Attend additional meetings of the Board of Directors that are held often via teleconference as needed throughout the year. Directors are expected and encouraged to participate in additional ways, such as chairing and serving on committees.
Nominations are now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination.