The BACB seeks nominations for openings on its Board of Directors. Board members will serve one 3-year term with an option to be reelected for a second 3-year term. BCBA/BCBA-D and BCaBA certificants may submit nominations, and self-nomination is permitted.
To maintain a representative board, the BACB encourages the nomination of individuals who:
- have strong applied backgrounds
- are members of underrepresented groups
- are from geographic areas not currently represented by the current makeup of the Board of Directors
- have experience in practice areas not currently represented by the current makeup of the Board of Directors
- are from areas with a relatively high concentration of BACB certificants
- are familiar with the history of the BACB and have a long-term relationship with the organization (e.g., participating as a subject matter expert)
Three positions are currently open for nomination:
Seats A & B – It is preferred that these seats are filled by doctoral-level behavior analysts certified at the BCBA/BCBA-D level, who have university-based teaching and research experience in applied behavior analysis.
Seat C – It is preferred that this seat be filled by a doctoral-level behavior analyst certified at the BCBA/BCBA-D level, whose specialty area is outside of autism and developmental disabilities.
Only one submission per nominee is required. Multiple nominations will not increase the likelihood that a candidate is chosen to run for a seat on the Board of Directors. Submitting a nomination does not guarantee that your nominee will be selected to run on a particular slate.
Before nominating an individual, you must confirm that they are willing to:
- serve the minimum 3-year term (August 2020 to August 2023)
- attend the annual meeting of the Board of Directors (typically in early August) and
- attend additional meetings of the Board of Directors that are held as needed throughout the year, often via teleconference. Directors are expected and encouraged to participate in additional ways, such as chairing and serving on committees.
Submit your nomination by completing the form below. It must include all of the information requested therein and must be received by the BACB no later than 5 p.m. MST on Tuesday, November 19, 2019.