We are pleased to announce the publication of an updated report on US employment demand for behavior analysts. The report reveals strong and increasing demand for behavior analysts. Visit BACB Resources for the report.
We are pleased to announce the publication of a new white paper, the first of an ongoing series, that summarizes the ethics violations and code-enforcement activities based on Notices of Alleged Violation received by the BACB. This first edition includes the first two years of data under the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts. Visit BACB Resources for a copy.
The BACB office will be closed on the following US holidays.
Monday, January 1;
Monday, January 15;
Monday, February 19;
Monday, May 28;
Wednesday, July 4;
Monday, September 3;
Monday, November 12;
Thursday, November 22 & Friday, November 23;
Monday, December 24 & Tuesday, December 25
Monday, December 31
We are pleased to announce the online publication of the March 2018 BACB Newsletter (PDF Download).
IN THIS ISSUE…
- Introducing the Monthly Experience System (Available April 1, 2018)
- Pearson VUE Examination-Appointment Data
- Which BCaBA and RBT Activities Should be Supervised?
- The 2018 Michael Hemingway Behavior Analysis Award
- New Article on the Certification of Behavior Analysts Published
- Fee Changes for BCBA-D, BCBA, and BCaBA Applications
- A Summary of Recent and Upcoming Changes to BACB Standards
We are pleased to announce that we have recently published a dedicated webpage on BACB certificant data that will be updated periodically.
We are pleased to announce the results of our Board of Directors election. Molly Dubuque, BCBA was elected to serve a three-year term and Javier Virues-Ortega, BCBA-D and Mark Lister, BCaBA were each re-elected to serve an additional three-year term beginning in August. We extend our congratulations to the newly elected directors and offer our thanks to all of the candidates for running. We also wish to thank all of the certificants who nominated candidates and voted in this important election.
Visit our Customer Service Updates page for information about current processing status and links to the most frequently requested information.
In an effort to assist certificants in remaining up-to-date with BACB standards, our updates table summarizes current and upcoming changes announced in past issues of the BACB Newsletter.
We are pleased to announce a few improvements for our Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certificants.
- Improvements to the RBT Renewal Application — We have an updated RBT Renewal Packet which includes an RBT renewal checklist, competency assessment, and renewal application. In addition, we have launched a renewal feature in the RBT’s BACB Gateway Account where RBTs will submit and pay for their renewal application and view the status of their renewal. As a result, we will no longer accept emailed RBT renewal applications after December 18, 2017.
- Streamlined Communication — To create one location for all BACB email correspondence, the [email protected] and [email protected] email addresses will be discontinued and all RBT email correspondence will go through the Contact Us form (e.g., RBT questions, Responsible Certificant (RC) changes). This change will be effective December 18, 2017.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) and Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) are pleased to announce that management of the Verified Course Sequence system (VCS) will be transferred from the BACB to ABAI on December 1, 2018. For more information, visit the VCS transfer webpage.