Due to social distancing requirements during the COVID-19 pandemic, we will provide temporary deviations for the following “with a client” requirements.
- Experience and Fieldwork (“observation with a client”) – As of March 1, and until further notice, we will temporarily waive the “observation with a client” sub-requirement for trainees who do not have access to clients and, thus, are only accruing unrestricted hours.
If you are a supervisor and you want your trainees to qualify for this temporary exception:
- You (the supervisor) must complete the attestation for each month impacted.
- You and your trainee must keep this document in your records.
- In the event of a future audit, this form must be submitted for any of the qualifying months that were impacted.
- RBT Competency Assessments (“with a client” tasks) – For all initial and renewal competency assessments received as of April 28, 2020, and until notified on the BACB’s COVID-19 Updates page, we will temporarily allow the “with a client” tasks to be assessed in a role-play situation with a client surrogate.
If you are an assessor and you want those you are assessing to qualify for this temporary exception:
- You (the supervisor) must complete the attestation and indicate on the Competency Assessment “role play.”
- You and the applicant/RBT must keep this document in your records.
- The applicant/RBT must submit this document with the competency assessment when submitting their RBT certification or renewal application.
Continue to monitor BACB correspondence and the COVID-19 Updates page for the date on which these temporary exceptions will no longer be allowed. This is only applicable for the sub-requirements stated above and does not apply to any other requirements.