Current Application Processing Timelines (Updated May 20, 2019)
The BACB processes applications in the order in which they are received. The following dates reflect the date of applications received that we are currently processing. Please allow 2 weeks from the date we received your materials for processing.
Documents Received by Mail:
If you mailed or shipped documents for any type of application, including certification applications, we are currently processing materials received on May 17, 2019.
Documents Received Electronically:
If you or your institution submitted electronic documents for any type of application, including certification applications, we are currently processing materials received on May 16, 2019.
RBT Certification Applications:
If you submitted an RBT certification application, we are currently processing materials received on May 19, 2019.
RBT Renewal Applications:
It is recommended that you now use the RBT Renewal Packet to submit your RBT Renewal as this is now our primary processing standard.
If you submitted an application to renew your RBT credential, we are currently processing materials received on May 19, 2019.
System Errors or Notifications
Password Reset. When attempting to reset your password, be sure to set email addresses from bacb.com as “safe senders” in your email account or check your spam folder for the re-sent email.
Experience Tracker: Many people are still using Version 1.0 of the tracker, so they are having the issue with the “Unrestricted Hours” column. We recommend that you to transfer your data to the new version, and here are some instructions on the easiest way to do that:
Transferring Experience Tracker Data to an Updated Version
Please ensure you are using tracker version 1.3. If you are still on version 1.1, you will need to transfer all of that information to version 1.3. Some cells are locked within the Experience Tracker to prevent you from accidentally changing automatically calculated values. While this helps prevent errors from being entered, it means a few more steps need to occur when the data entered into the Experience Tracker need to be transferred to an updated version of the file. Below are instructions to help assist with this transfer:
- Open the old version of the Experience Tracker that contains your data and as well as the updated version of the Experience Tracker that you intend to populate with your data.
- On the “Instructions” sheet in the updated version, enter the Trainee Name and select the BACB credential being pursued.
- In the “Settings” sheet, copy and paste the data found in columns B through E from the old version to the updated version. You will need to start in Row 9.
- In the “Supervisors” sheet, copy and paste the data found in columns B through G from the old version to the updated version. You will need to start in Row 9.
- In the “Experience Log” sheet, individually copy and paste the data found in the following columns. You will need to start in Row 9:
o Columns B through G
o Column I
o Columns K through M
o Column O
o Columns R through S
Links to Frequently Accessed Resources
Requirements to Become an RBT
How to Maintain/Renew Your RBT Credential
RBT Renewal Packet
Requirements to Supervise RBTs
Name Change Requests: Name change requests must be submitted and can be done through your Gateway account. Once submitted, if you need your name updated in Pearson Vue for an examination please let us know here Contact Us.
How to Apply for the BCaBA Exam
BCaBAs looking to become BCBAs
New BCaBA Supervision Requirements: Supervisors may list the BCaBA(s) under their supervision via their Gateway account.
Maintaining BCaBA Certification