The Registered Behavior Technician® (RBT®) is a paraprofessional certification in behavior analysis. RBTs assist in delivering behavior analysis services and practice under the direction and close supervision of an RBT Supervisor and/or an RBT Requirements Coordinator, who are responsible for all work RBTs perform.
An updated version of the RBT Handbook is available as of July 17, 2020. Please note that the allotted attempts and time frames for RBT examination retakes will change as of November 1, 2020. Refer to the Examination Retakes section for more information.
Overview of the RBT Requirements
RBT Documents and Resources
Eligibility and Applying for Certification
- RBT Task List (2nd ed.)
- RBT Initial Competency Assessment
- RBT 40-Hour Training Packet
- RBT Examination Pass Rates for 40-Hour Training Providers: 2020
Ethics and Self-Reporting
- Supervision Training Curriculum Outline (2.0)
- Instructions for Adding or Removing a Supervisee
- Noncertified RBT Supervisor Form
Voluntary Inactive Status
In this episode of Inside the BACB, Drs. Melissa Nosik and Molli Luke discuss the recent publication of the BACB's first RBT Handbook and answer frequently asked questions about the RBT certification.