BACB Certificant Registry
The online BACB Certificant Registry is the primary resource for quickly and easily verifying an individual’s certification status, and determining whether they have reportable disciplinary actions associated with their certification. The BACB Certificant Registry is updated daily.
For information on individuals misrepresenting themselves as BACB certificants, visit the Falsified Credentials page.
If you prefer written verification of a current certificant’s status, you may request a verification letter from the BACB for a $25 fee per verification. Verification letters are delivered as PDF documents or state-issued verification forms, which the BACB completes. Verification letters contain the following information from the certificant registries:
- certificant name and certification number
- confirmation of current certification status
- if the certificant is inactive, the reason for their inactive status (i.e., voluntary inactive, expired, not supervised, disciplinary actions as described on the disciplinary actions page)
Note: verification letters are not provided for certifications that are expired
- initial certification date
- certification expiration date
Verification letters are emailed within 3-5 business days after the BACB receives payment of $25 per letter.
Verification Letter Request Form
Verification for Licensure Board Representatives
Licensure board representatives may request a list of BACB certificants by completing the Regulatory Request Form. This list will be provided at no charge; however, it will not include individual letters and may only be requested by a designated representative.