Board of Directors Election
We are pleased to announce the results of our Board of Directors election. Molly Dubuque, BCBA was elected to serve a three-year term and Javier Virues-Ortega, BCBA-D and Mark Lister, BCaBA were each re-elected to serve an additional three-year term beginning in August. We extend our congratulations to the newly elected directors and offer our thanks to all of the candidates for running. We also wish to thank all of the certificants who nominated candidates and voted in this important election.Read More
Updated services for RBTs
We are pleased to announce a few improvements for our Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certificants.Read More
- Improvements to the RBT Renewal Application — We have an updated RBT Renewal Packet which includes an RBT renewal checklist, competency assessment, and renewal application. In addition, we have launched a renewal feature in the RBT’s BACB Gateway Account where RBTs will submit and pay for their renewal application and view the status of their renewal. As a result, we will no longer accept emailed RBT renewal applications after December 18, 2017.
- Streamlined Communication — To create one location for all BACB email correspondence, the RBT@bacb.com and RBTrenewals@bacb.com email addresses will be discontinued and all RBT email correspondence will go through the Contact Us form (e.g., RBT questions, Responsible Certificant (RC) changes). This change will be effective December 18, 2017.
Announcement: VCS Transfer to ABAI
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) and Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) are pleased to announce that management of the Verified Course Sequence system (VCS) will be transferred from the BACB to ABAI on December 1, 2018. For more information, visit the VCS transfer webpage.Read More
October 2017 – Special Edition BACB Newsletter
We are pleased to announce the release of the Special Edition BACB Newsletter (PDF Download) on Experience and Supervision Requirements. IN THIS ISSUE...Read More
- Revised BCBA & BCaBA Experience and Supervision Requirements
- Introducing the New Supervised Fieldwork Standards
- A Summary of Recent and Upcoming Changes to BACB Standards
Customer Service Updates Page
Visit our Customer Service Updates page for information about current processing status and links to the most frequently requested information. bacb.com/customerserviceupdatesRead More
Recent & Upcoming Changes
In an effort to assist certificants in remaining up-to-date with BACB standards, the table available here summarizes current and upcoming changes announced in past issues of the BACB Newsletter.Read More
April 2017 Newsletter
In this issue: Appropriate RBT Activities The 2017 Michael Hemingway Behavior Analysis Award Reporting Important Information to the BACB: Health- and Safety-Related Incidents -- Part 2 BCBA/BCaBA Examination Applications: Deadline Change and Late Fee Elimination Elimination of Interim Documentation for Applications BCBA Events at the ABAI 2017 Convention Annual Data Report: 2016 A Summary of Recent and Upcoming Changes to BACB StandardsRead More
The BACB office will be closed on the following US holidays.
2017:Wednesday, November 22 (office closes at noon), Thursday, November 23 & Friday, November 24 Monday, December 25 & Tuesday, December 26
2018:Monday, January 1 Monday, January 15 Monday, February 19 Monday, May 28 Wednesday, July 4 Monday, September 3 Monday, November 12 Thursday, November 22 & Friday, November 23 Thursday, December 24 & Friday, December 25
Examination Results & Call Volume
August examination results were released and are available in BACB Gateway accounts. Please keep in mind that it takes some time for everything to process. In the meantime, we are experiencing high call volumes and wait times, as well as large amounts of website traffic. We appreciate your patience during this time and will respond to everyone as quickly as possible.Read More