We are pleased to announce the results of our Board of Directors election. Molly Dubuque, BCBA was elected to serve a three-year term and Javier Virues-Ortega, BCBA-D and Mark Lister, BCaBA were each re-elected to serve an additional three-year term beginning in August. We extend our congratulations to the newly elected directors and offer our thanks to all of the candidates for running. We also wish to thank all of the certificants who nominated candidates and voted in this important election.
We are pleased to announce a few improvements for our Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certificants.
- Improvements to the RBT Renewal Application — We have an updated RBT Renewal Packet which includes an RBT renewal checklist, competency assessment, and renewal application. In addition, we have launched a renewal feature in the RBT’s BACB Gateway Account where RBTs will submit and pay for their renewal application and view the status of their renewal. As a result, we will no longer accept emailed RBT renewal applications after December 18, 2017.
- Streamlined Communication — To create one location for all BACB email correspondence, the RBT@bacb.com and RBTrenewals@bacb.com email addresses will be discontinued and all RBT email correspondence will go through the Contact Us form (e.g., RBT questions, Responsible Certificant (RC) changes). This change will be effective December 18, 2017.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) and Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) are pleased to announce that management of the Verified Course Sequence system (VCS) will be transferred from the BACB to ABAI on December 1, 2018. For more information, visit the VCS transfer webpage.
We are pleased to announce the release of the Special Edition BACB Newsletter (PDF Download) on Experience and Supervision Requirements.
IN THIS ISSUE…
- Revised BCBA & BCaBA Experience and Supervision Requirements
- Introducing the New Supervised Fieldwork Standards
- A Summary of Recent and Upcoming Changes to BACB Standards
Visit our Customer Service Updates page for information about current processing status and links to the most frequently requested information.
In an effort to assist certificants in remaining up-to-date with BACB standards, the table available here summarizes current and upcoming changes announced in past issues of the BACB Newsletter.
Appropriate RBT Activities
The 2017 Michael Hemingway Behavior Analysis Award
Reporting Important Information to the BACB: Health- and Safety-Related Incidents — Part 2
BCBA/BCaBA Examination Applications: Deadline Change and Late Fee Elimination
Elimination of Interim Documentation for Applications
BCBA Events at the ABAI 2017 Convention
Annual Data Report: 2016
A Summary of Recent and Upcoming Changes to BACB Standards
The BACB office will be closed on the following US holidays.
Wednesday, November 22 (office closes at noon),
Thursday, November 23 & Friday, November 24
Monday, December 25 & Tuesday, December 26
Monday, January 1
Monday, January 15
Monday, February 19
Monday, May 28
Wednesday, July 4
Monday, September 3
Monday, November 12
Thursday, November 22 & Friday, November 23
Thursday, December 24 & Friday, December 25
August examination results were released and are available in BACB Gateway accounts. Please keep in mind that it takes some time for everything to process.
In the meantime, we are experiencing high call volumes and wait times, as well as large amounts of website traffic. We appreciate your patience during this time and will respond to everyone as quickly as possible.
Visit our Verified Course Sequences page for current VCS pass-rate data.