Have you ever wanted to know more about what to expect after you submit your BCBA or BCaBA application? Now you can. Review our latest blog, The Life Cycle of BCBA and BCaBA Applications, to get a behind-the-scenes look at the beginning, middle, and end of the application process.
As of January 1, 2022, certain COVID-19 exception waivers will no longer be available. For more information, please visit our BACB COVID-19 Updates web page.
The BACB is pleased to call for nominations for the 2022 Michael Hemingway Behavior Analysis Award. In memory of the life and contributions of Michael Hemingway, this annual award honors an individual distinguished for their contributions to public policy related to behavior analysis and/or for their efforts to increase the availability of behavior-analytic services.
We are accepting nominations until 5:00 PM MST on October 26, 2021.
We just released a new option for BCBA-certified VCS Coordinators to review their student’s coursework and attest if they met all of the coursework requirements for BCBA or BCaBA certification. For more information, please review the BCBA and BCaBA VCS Coordinator Coursework Attestations and the related FAQs resource.
- VCS Coordinator Coursework Attestation FAQs
- BCaBA VCS Coordinator Coursework Attestation (4th ed.)
- BCBA VCS Coordinator Coursework Attestation (4th ed.)
Have questions about which set of requirements to apply under? Review our newest blog, The 2022 Transition: What You Need to Know, for invaluable tips, resources, and guidance. And stay tuned, as we’ll post important reminders each month until the end of the year.
We recently made several improvements to our mass email system:
- Stay up to date. We put together a new policies and procedures document that outlines everything you need to know about the mass email system, including the application process, important requirements, and more.
- Resubscribe. We made it easier for certificants to resubscribe. Certificants who aren’t sure whether they’re receiving mass emails can now fill out the Resubscribing to the BACB Mass Email Service form to rejoin.
- Have a smoother application. To reduce errors and technical difficulties, we will now request the contents of your mass email after you apply.
- Create the best product possible. To help ensure that your final product is how you envision it, we will now require you to review your mass email before we deliver it.
- Get in touch. You can contact the mass email team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the Mass Email Support Form.
The updated Mass Email Application is accessible through our Mass Email Service web page.
Good news! We released two new resources that provide guidance on documenting fieldwork, and we no longer require the Fieldwork Tracker in the event of an audit. Please review the Documenting Fieldwork Hours video and the Documenting Fieldwork: Helpful Answers to Your FAQs blog for important insight into the supervision contract, ongoing documentation system, Monthly and Final Fieldwork Verification Forms, and beyond.
We are pleased to announce that Dr. SungWoo Kahng, BCBA-D, has been elected to serve as the president of the BACB Board of Directors. We offer our greatest congratulations and extend a special thanks to Dr. Bridget Taylor for her years of service. To learn more about Dr. Kahng and our other board members, please visit the BACB Governance web page.
The BACB is pleased to introduce the RBT Ethics Code (2.0), an updated version of the ethics code for RBTs. This version will replace the current RBT Ethics Code and go into effect on January 1, 2022.
We invite you to review the code and check out its accompanying crosswalk resource, podcast episode, and newsletter!
RBT Ethics Code (2.0)
This code outlines future professional ethics standards for RBTs and RBT applicants. Goes into effect in 2022.
Crosswalk for RBT Ethics Codes
This resource outlines the differences between the current RBT Ethics Code and the RBT Ethics Code (2.0).
New Podcast: Introduction to the RBT Ethics Code (2.0)
This episode of the Inside the BACB podcast gives insight into the review and revision of the code, ethics standards changes, and more.
July 2021 Newsletter
This month’s newsletter introduces the RBT Ethics Code (2.0) and details the revision process and important changes made.
Please visit the Ethics web page for additional resources and information.
Please join us for the final episode of our podcast series, The Ethics Code for Behavior Analysts. This episode covers the revised ethical requirements for conducting research, using client data, and much more.